Today’s Writing Prompt:
I do not wish to expiate, but to live. My life is for itself and not for a spectacle. I much prefer that it should be of a lower strain, so it be genuine and equal, than that it should be glittering and unsteady. I wish it to be sound and sweet, and not to need diet and bleeding. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Think about the type of person you’d NEVER want to be 5 years from now. Write out your own personal recipe to prevent this from happening and commit to following it. “Thought is the seed of action.”
So, the person I’d never want to be. Well, I never want to be a failure. I never want to be a bad husband. I don’t want to be living where I am now. Here it goes:
- Always try and do little things for my wife.
- Always remember important dates with my wife (both literally and “going on a date”).
- Take advantage of every professional opportunity that will pay attention to me.
- Do everything I can to make people pay attention to me when they won’t.
- Work my ass off.
- Don’t put work above everything else to the detriment of everything else.
- If I do the above things, living in some place more inspiring and advantageous should take care of itself.